Full Upgrade Assessment of Ruby-on-Rails Project
- Finish the Quick assessment if not completed.
- Define and document upgrade project scope.
(start/end time, releases involved, exit criteria, initial roadmap milestones).
- Identify additional people needed.
- Identify and mitigate upgrade risks.
- Fill out my custom scorecard to assess your web site's code.
- Define upgrade development methodology (pull request frequency,
existing vs. upgrade bugs, testing, automation, continous integration).
- Understand the continuous integration and production hosting arrangement.
- Define how we will be paid for the upgrade work
(daily rate plus materials).
- Finalize the estimate for (at least) a weekly "pull request" deliverable.